On behalf of the United States Lifesaving Association and the Sea Girt Beach Patrol, we would like to invite you to compete at the 2023 USLA Mid-Atlantic Regional Junior Lifeguard Championships. Registration for this event will be online. Competitors are expected to be GOLD USLA JG Members.
Location: Beacon Blvd. Beach, Sea Girt, NJ
Date: Monday, July 31st
Time: Check-in begins at 9:00am, Tournament begins at 10:00am
$35 plus processing by 7/29
$40 plus processing after 7/29
JUNIOR LIFEGUARD COMPETITION GUIDELINES for NATIONAL JUNIOR LIFEGUARD CHAMPIONSHIPS
I. OVERVIEW -- These guidelines are established as a format for the Junior Lifeguard National Championships and are approved by the USLA.
The purpose is to provide for a fair and equal standard of competition between Junior Lifeguard Chapters.
A. All competitors must be currently enrolled and actively participating with the chapter they represent as a Junior Lifeguard and may NOT have received compensation for work as a Junior Lifeguard and/or Lifeguard.
B. All competitors in the “U19” division must be currently enrolled and actively participating with the chapter they represent as a Junior Lifeguard, (aged 14, 15, 16, or 17), or professional lifeguards (aged 16, 17, or 18).
C. All competitors at the National Junior Lifeguard Championships must be current members of the United States Lifesaving Association.
D. Competition classifications: (Changed from “as of July 1 of the current year)
"U19" Division – 15, 16, 17, or 18 years of age by December 31 of the year in which they are participating in the National Junior Lifeguard Championships.
"A" Division - 14 and 15 years of age on the day of the competition
"B" Division - 12 and 13 years of age on the day of the competition
"C" Division - 9 to 11 years of age on the day of the competition
E. In the event a competitor chooses to compete in the next age group division above their specified division, the competitor must remain in that division for the duration of the competition. Any “A”
Competitor may participate in the U-19 Division if they will turn 15 by December 31 of the calendar year.
III. GENERAL COMPETITION FORMAT
A. Competition Events
1. Shall be held in “U19”, "A", "B" and "C" Divisions.
2. Entry is limited in certain events and competitors shall be designated prior to the commencement of the event.
3. Heats, if required, shall be established prior to the commencement of the event, with consideration made to keeping t h e same Chapter competitors in separate heats.
4. There will be no team or regional scoring. All events will be for individual awards through ten places.
5. All competitors MUST wear a surf cap which represents their chapter when competing in an event.
FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE EVENT.
Such caps shall be distinctive to the chapter and may not carry advertising slogans or logos except for the manufacturer of the cap itself.
6. All event distances are final, as printed in Section IV - Description and Rules of Events.
7. Alcoholic beverage or tobacco advertising is not permitted on any Junior Guard equipment, uniforms, or competition gear.