The countdown to a highlight of Doha’s sporting calendar has begun!
The Ooredoo Doha Marathon 2022 is ON! The event is set to be held on 11 March 2022.
The event is as popular with spectators as it is with participants; crowds line the streets, creating an electric atmosphere you simply won’t want to miss! But rest assured any COVID-19 restrictions still in place will be enforced, numbers of both participants and spectators at the event will be strictly limited and all up-to-date health and safety guidelines will be adhered to by organisers. Additionally, all runners must be in possession of a valid vaccination certificate in order to register for the event.
Here's your quick reminder: you can collect your race pack (t-shirt and bib) at the Ooredoo Doha Marathon Village in Lusail City (click here).
The colletion counters are open from the 8th,9th and 10th of March from 4 PM - 10 PM.
Please note that you won't be able to collect the kit on the race day itself.
On Friday, we will start as follows:
6:30am - 42k, 21k
7:15am - 10k
8:00am - 5k
The cut-off time for all categories to complete the race is 11am. We understand that some of the full marathon runners would prefer a longer cut of time. However, as the run is taking place in residential areas, we are obliged to reopen the roads by 11am - we kindly ask for your understanding.
Ooredoo Doha Marathon Village location, click here > https://goo.gl/maps/MBPKSco7Dvu4kBe86
A few more useful facts:
- Please collect your race pack yourself, as we won't be able to hand over the pack to anyone else
- On Friday, arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of the race. It's also good for your warm-up!
- Parking is limited near the venue, but there will be a shuttle bus between the front of the Doha Golf Club and the venue itself > (click here for location)
- Please have your green Ehteraz status ready to show on arrival
- Bag drop-off facilities will be available at the start area
- Please pay attention to participants with disabilities and leave sufficient space for them
- There will be water stations
- There will be marshals along the route to guide you and assist you
- There will be sensors along the route to check if athletes cover the required distance
- There will be an anti-doping test after the marathon
- Winners will be confirmed after the running times are confirmed and anti-doping tests are completed
42k, 21k, 10k
Men (<= 44)
Men Master (44+)
Women (<= 44)
Women Master (44+)
Junior Men (13-17)
Junior Women (13-17)
We look forward to seeing you all at the start line! Have a good run!