G2G - Miami "Gateway to the Gravel" is being presented by the Miami Brewing Company and benefiting Top Step Development juniors cycling program. Come on out and help our South Florida Juniors. Fun, Safe, Smooth gravel for all rider levels
There are 3 ways to help the Juniors fundraiser:
2) Get Your Bike Washed
3) Use the Juniors Bike Valet while you eat/drink inside the Brewery.
G2G - Miami - Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 9:00am
COST OF EVENT - $35 online, $40 after December 31. Race Day is $50. Experience includes neutral support, cool tee shirt, great location, professionally chip timed and is fully insured and permitted. First 200 riders will receive a cook G2G shirt by Next Level. We also have super cool awards to the top 3 in each category. We will have waters/snack at our rest stop.
MORNING OF REGISTRATION Time: 7:30 to 8:45 a.m.
PRE-RIDE participants meeting: 8:45 to 8:55 a.m.
All events start at 9:00am
Miami Brewing Company
30205 SW 217 Ave, Homestead, Florida 33030
FREE RV OVERNIGHT PARKING - The Miami Brewing Company has FREE overnight parking. The parking lot is also the staging area for the event. Please keep your RV at least 15 feet away from the fence.
ON-LINE REGISTRATION - ESPtiming.com
NUMBER PICK-UP - At the Miami Brewing Company the day prior from 3pm to 5pm or race morning at 7:30am
ROUTE DISTANCE & CATEGORIES
48 miles - Men/Women Categories: Open, Masters Men/Women (40+, 50+)
32 miles - Men/Women Categories: Beginner, Intermediate, Mountain Bike
*Custom awards to the top 3 in each category
NEUTRAL SUPPORT/ REST STOPS - Provided by Top Step Development and All Keyes Cycle
Gravel Bikes, Mountain Bikes and Fat Tire Bikes are recommended. The terrain is rough and not suitable for road bikes.
A mixture of gravel, grass, small pot holes.................Bring tools, tubes, air and Hydration. Be ready and prepared to fix your bike or flat tire in case of an unexpected mechanical.
Things to Remember
• Pick the right bike for the ride. (Gravel/Dirt specifics, mountain bike or fat tire bicycle).
• Road ID
• Health Insurance Card, ID, Credit Card, Cash and Phone on a waterproof protected case.
• Extra Tubes and air.
• Basic tools
• Gels, bar, snack
• Hydration (at least one 22oz bottle per hour) or (hydration backpack). NOTE: Any small backpack can help you carry extra hydration and basic tools/safety items.
• Small/Basic First-Aid Pack
PLAY IT SAFE
• Always wear a helmet.
• Check weather forecast. (Events usually post cancellations due to bad weather one hour before event starts).
• Road ID App. Great features like "Lock Screen" and "Tracking Notifications" (FREE and it works awesome, visit RoadID Dot Com)
• Have your bicycle inspected for your own safety and the safety of others riding with you.
• Say "NO to Flats" by checking the condition "wear&tear" of your tires and making sure they are properly inflated. No joke, don't be that guy, HA!
• Sunblock and Bug repellent
• Look ahead for slippery or loose surface and potential hazards.
• Pick your distance based on your ability.
• Safety first, you should not ride alone!
• ALWAYS USE COMMON SENSE.
• Must be self sufficient.
• Have a plan and let others know where you are headed and approximate time.
• Please Don't wear earbuds, this is good group ride etiquette and a courtesy for your safety and the safety of others.
• CALL 911 in case of an emergency
*The South Florida Water Management District does not charge a fee to enter or use any lands provided by the District to the public for outdoor recreational purposes. Any applicable fee, registration fee, ticket price or any other fee charged or donation accepted by the organization hosting an event on any lands provided by the District to the public for outdoor recreation purposes is not and shall not be considered a fee to enter or use the property